In a recent survey, NPolls asked the world who the most favored political leader of today is. With no surprise, the name ‘Barack Obama’ popped up significantly by 54% of respondents. Of the six leaders discussed (Sarkozy, Berlusconi, Obama, Merkel, Cameron and Harper), Obama was not only most favored overall, but his political outlook upon world affairs was also appreciated by majority of the population. Meanwhile, Silvio Berlusconi was surely not praised for his role as a leader… On a 1-5 scale, the population voted Berlusconi’s respect and empathy as a leader a 2.7 and 2.6, his own Italy rating him a mere 2.8 for charisma.
Tributed as the most influential global hero…Nelson Mandela. 26% of the population considered this former president of South Africa to be the most inspiring, above Kennedy, Gandhi and FDR.
The sample is made of 4.508 IOs device owners between the 23th and 25th of April 2011.
- 31% are from North America, 63% from Europe and 6% from the rest of the world;
- 77% are men and 23% are women;
- 4% are less than 15 years old, 36% are 15 to 24 years, 47% are 25 to 39 years and 13% are 40 or older;
- 38% have an annual income below 10.000 USD and 62% above 10.000 USD;
- 39% answers were from iPhone 4; 31% from iPhone 3G(S); 18% from iPod Touch and 12% from iPad users.
All information copyright is free for publishing and remixing if NPolls copyright is mentioned, as well as its link to our website as primary producers of the information. For full results, exclusive partnerships or sponsored polls in your country contact us.
Full Results Promo
For a promotional period we offer the full results as seen on iOS devices. In future, you will only be able to access these results within the application on your iOS device.